Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"9 weeks is a STONES throw away"

Last Thursday we had an unexpected trip to the ER! As I laid in bed on Thursday night I could not get comfortable and the longer I laid there the more excruciating the pain became. I didn't necessarily think that I was about to have Maddox but I knew for sure that something was not right. Greg & I decided that we needed to go get this checked out. As we drove to the hospital we were both really quiet. Me, mostly because I was in pain and Greg mostly I think because he was thinking...wow this is happening 9 weeks early! After being monitored in the maternal observatory for a few hours as they tried to figure out what was causing so much pain, pucking and discomfort my nurse came in whacked me in the left kidney and asked...does it hurt here? WELL YES IT DOES!!!! She said we think you may have kidney stones and we need to do a sonogram of your kidneys! Sure enough...No need to give birth to a Baby quite yet we have some kidney stones to deal with first! They discovered some stones that were already formed in my left kidney and some that were getting started in my right kidney! After they got the results my options were few...stay in the hospital and wait for them to pass or go home and endure the agony in my own bed. I chose option 2! SO after being in the hospital from 11:30 Thursday night to 7:30 Friday morning my sweet husband drove me home. They were able to give me a little bit of meds for the pain so that helped. Greg had a trip to Toronto planned for a while and I really didn't want him to miss it so we decided he should still go! SO he came home (after being awake with me all night in the hospital) laid down for an hour and then headed to the airport to catch a flight. Most of the stones passed Saturday morning early and gave me some relief for the weekend. I am still a little sore but am so glad those pesky little guys are at least out of my system!

So a few things I am grateful for...
1. My sweet mom who stayed with me all weekend while Greg was out of town.
2. An amazing and understanding Dr. who has taken great care of me!
3. Kidney stones that are no longer in my body!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness gracious, Sarah! What a crazy trip to the ER! At least it wasn't Maddox trying to come out... he needs to stay in there and cook a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete