Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010...My first & best to date!

My first Mothers Day was more than wonderful! I felt truly special, appreciate, loved and more in love with my husband and my little monster than ever. The surprise started for me on Thursday. I went to pick Maddox up from Weekday School at UCC where he goes on Thursday mornings and there was sitting the most precious gift I have ever received...my first handmade (mostly teacher made) Mothers day gift. It was adorable. A little flower pot with the most beautiful flower I have ever seen in it....my little monsters traced hands as the flower and his feet as the leaves. Thanks to Mrs. Jennifer & Mrs. Nana for making my first mothers day gift so sweet. I actually walked briskly out of the church because my eyes were filled with tears....tears of total joy! How could my little man be so big already. Can you tell my anxiety about him turning one is setting in? OK enough about me...My sweet boys gifts were precious. Not as precious though as it was for me to realize that I am a mom... and that I love being a mom to Maddox. It is him that makes it so fun, wonderful (although not always easy) and oh so sweet to be the mother of my little guy. I got cards from my sweet husband and from Maddox on Mothers Day which reminded me of how blessed I am to have two amazing men in my life. I got flowers in my dining room, kitchen, living room and bedroom....this made me realize that my husband loves me not only as his wife but as a Mom. They both spoiled me! I got the absolute sweetest and most amazing card from my Mother-in-law. She told me that I was a Great Mom. Such a special thing to hear from a women who you admire and seek approval from all the time. She has raised three of the most wonderful men that I know and hearing from her that I was doing a good job raising her grandson was extra special. We went out to my Mom and Dads house and got to spend the day with three of the amazing Mothers that I look up to. My Grammy (My Moms Mom), My amazing mother and my sweet and gifted Older sister (we missed you Mammy)! It has taken more Women than just me help to raise my little guy. My Mom, My other Mother (-in-law Bea) and Natalie have been the most amazing example of great moms! Big shout out to my Mom... Your amazing and I love you and appreciate you everyday! The highlight of my mothers day came at about 8 am when me and my two boys laid in our bed and watched cartoons and played...I'm so blessed, so grateful and amazed everyday that I get to be this little guys mother. Thanks to all the Moms who have helped me try to be the best Mom I can be! It was not until I Mom myself that I truly appreciate what amazing women you are and continue to be!

I love this little monsters...I'm so blessed to be his MAMMMA!
Playing with My Nani's Toys...kitchen utinsels!


My Dad always gave us gifts on Fathers day so

I decided to start the tradition with my little guy for Mothers day!
We got him his first golf clubs. He loved it!

Maybe we have the next Tiger Woods (minus the cheating on your wife stufff) on our hands?




My favorite picture of him ever right now! He must have stood at the doorway for a good twenty minutes (a long time for him to stand or sit anywhere) and he just looked out the door, watched the cats play and got REALLY excited when Amos, the dog, came near!

I love you Maddox...thanks for letting me be your Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment