Monday, July 12, 2010

Maddox turns ONE!

Our little guy turned one on July 2nd. He is the reason why I started this blog and as his birthday approached in a few moments of anxiety about my little monster turning one I took some time and read through some of the posts over the last year. He was my reason for starting the blog before he was born and now he is my reason to breathe everyday. He is my reason for waking up and he is the reason for the smile on my face 99% of the time. He is amazing, he has grown so much and fulfilled us in so many ways. I find myself thinking every day numerous times how fast the time has gone. That is one of the things that people would say to me when I was pregnant or right after Maddox was born and while I would politely smile I was rolling my eyes in my mind. I thought it was annoying and cliche. Now I can't stop saying to myself...WOW the time has really flown by.
I am so proud to be Maddox's mom. It is not always easy and its not always fun.
However, at the end of the day I put my head on the pillow happy, loved in an amazing way and so proud of Maddox.
He is all boy, he is walking everywhere, he is saying a lot of DADADADA and he says Ball, he smiles when he sees Greg & I walk in the room, he still lets me hold him for a short minute before bedtime, he still sleeps really well, he has three teethe, he plays peak-a-boo and anytime you say "wheres Maddox?" he pretends like he is scaring you, he loves me, he loves his Dad, he knows his family, he feels safe and I truly believe he is a happy child. My intention everyday is to make him and Greg happy. They make it really easy for me. I love my two boys and I am so grateful for all I have learned and gained over the past year!
Happy Birthday Maddox! WOW your ONE Buddy!
Greg decided that this truck was a good idea for our little monster! My thought was that he was a little to young! Daddy won and Maddox is in heaven. He gets in it and makes truck noises and then when he is not in it he pushes it around!
All smiles on his Big Day!
Loving on his Meme and of course sucking his thumb!
On Friday the 2nd we just had a few family members over for dinner and Maddox got to eat one of his birthday cookies and open gifts from Mom and Dad. We saved the big smash cake and other gifts for Saturdays cook-out at my parents house!
Greg was sure to make a grand entrance in the new truck at my parents house!

The Gass family got Maddox this cool new fort for the backyard! He loves it!

Walking around, playing with sticks!
Maddox has chosen to break my heart a bit and not say Mama yet. I know he loves me, it is evident by the way he is either in my arms all the time or tugging on my leg so he can love on me. I will say though that I wanted him to Say Mama, Mom, Ma, Mommy, anything!
He says Dada, when he sees Greg or just about any other time. I don't think that is really his first word b/c he uses it for everything.
There is one thing though that he says loud and clear and with purpose...BALL!
It was only appropriate to have ball cupcakes to go along with his cake.
I'll get Mama or something close one day. I think he is making me wait so that its all the more special when he finally says it.
This cake was so cute. One of my sisters (Natalie) friends made it for us. It was adorable and so perfect for our little guy!


At first he wasn't so sure. We have never really given him cake, cookies or sweets so he was in for a big surprise!
After a few minutes he dug right in and loved the audience!

Love this pic!
I would say by the looks of this picture that he enjoyed his first cake experience! Proud parents and filthy little one year old!
Emma helped Maddox with some of the green icing!
My mother-in-law brought a snow cone machine and made them for Maddox's b-day party. The girls loved them! She gave me the machine and I look forward to pulling it out as we endure the rest of the heat this summer! It was a special treat!
Love these girls...one of my favorite pics of the weekend!
Uncle Dwaine held him up on the top of the house once and it was over from there. He didn't want to be in the house he wanted to be on it!
One of our favorite things to do with Maddox is take him to ride the mini train here in Ft. Worth. He loves it more and more each time and we love watching him take it all in and each time he loves it more and more! It was only fitting that we take him to ride the train with Greg's parents who were in town from St. Charles during his b-day weekend!
Choo Choo!
Those curious eyes and precious face allow me to appreciate the world through the Innocent eyes of my child. It warms my heart every time!
Hanging our with cousin Otis at Uncle Dwaine & Aunt Kris's house!
Happy Birthday Maddox! You are so loved!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I really enjoyed this post,Sarah! Maddox is an adorable one year old! I love how Greg is one the truck with him... that is so something my Greg would do! They are very similar dads! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and the sweet comments you have for your darling little man.

    ReplyDelete