Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beach Baby!

We had a fantastic trip to South Padre this past weekend for a familiy reunion for my Moms side of the family.

It was more than Fun!

It was relaxing and it was so great to spend time with people who I love and respect so much.

I hate that I don't get to see my sweet cousins as often as I do but I promise to make a point to do a better job of keeping in touch!

Maddox had a few first this weekend...

First Road trip (it was long but he was a trooper for a guy who hates the car)

First time at the beach

First time to eat sand

First time to eat fast food (against my better judgement but we were on the road with a leaky cooler and surprising to me....he lived. It was chicken strips from whataburger minus the breading that I pealed off. I'm trying to let go of my paranoia about fast food but as you can tell it sometimes gets the better of me!)

First hotel stay

First Family Reunion

First time sleeping in the same room with Mom and Dad three nights in a row

First time to visit my Meme & Papas house

He learned to play peekaboo and played it for the first time this weekend by himself


Two of my favorite girls!


Love you Laura & Leslie!

Please note....Laura & I were posing perfectly for a picture when Leslie demanded on showing her face....go figure!

Uncle Reg & Dada as he is called by these three precious Angels was the one to snuggle with on Saturday night, as you can tell!



We had a live auction on Saturday night to raise money for the next reunion.

It was so well put on by the Moseley's!

Everyone donated amazing things to the auction....a silver teapot from our great grandmother, an Afghan that she made, secret recipes, etc.!

It was so special and so great.

There were a few things that people really fought for.

That silver teapot didn't go cheap.

I loved seeing family care so much about these precious pieces that that they wanted to keep them in the family.

So special.

My mom donated a simple yet precious picture of Madeleine and our Grandfather, Papa!

They are walking away from the camera. It is when Madeleine was about 3 years old. It is one of our immediate families most prized photographs.

My mom donated it so that Maddy could buy it at the auction.

One of my favorite parts of the night was watching her bid on the picture!



Yes, they are wearing matching t-shirts!


Yes, it was my families reunion!


And yes, this might be one of my favorite pics ever!
This one just makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it!
Me & My Boys!


Beach Bum!

Playing with his girls Emma & Lizzie!

Oh yeah, by the way...We have a walker on our hands!

Starting about 3 weeks ago he began making the two-three step treks and then he would fall!

Now its all about walking.

We are so proud of you Maddox!

Dancing Queens!

I love that Maddox has Lizzie, Emma & Maddy to play with!

These are my precious girls!

Playing in the sand!


Me & My Boys!

Me & Maddox, My Mom, My Grammy, Lizzie & Amy, Natalie & Emma

(It's all the girls except Madeleine...she was playing in the ocean with Greg & Justin!)

This was the first time he touched his feet in the water!

This is one of my favorite picture from the trip and one of my all time favorites of my two boys.

I love these two guys more than anything.

I love the ocean almost as much.

All three of my loves together....perfection!

1 comment:

  1. What a great time! I can't believe Maddox is walking... Sarah, things look so great for you, Greg and Maddox, and they will just keep getting better and better! :o)

    ReplyDelete