Monday, June 21, 2010

Maddox's Dedication & Fathers Day

Maddox was dedicated at church on Sunday morning. It was such a special day. To top things off it was on Fathers day. Greg seemed so grateful and told me numerous times throughout the day that he was grateful for Maddox and for our family. He was thrilled.
We feel so blessed to have found a church where we can show our child how great our God is and where we can fellowship with other families. We hope to raise Maddox in this church and look forward to watching him grow here. It was a really special day for us to formally dedicate ourselves to raise our child in a Christian home and dedicate his life to God. Maddox was so cute, so calm (with the exception of a few yelps and screams) and so loved. Greg's parents came in town from MO, my parents were there. My brother/cousin Derek, two sisters, brother-in-law and three sweet nieces were there. To top things off my friend Jennifer came to the service and Alicia traveled in from Austin to be there for Maddox's special day.
My Meme & Papa also came to town all the way from McAllen, TX!
Maddox loved looking around at the beginning of the service and watch people sing. He did great. It does not really matter how good he did....we got to dedicate ourselves as parents to raise a child with love, with values and in a Christ centered home.
He has blessed us in so many ways.
We are grateful to all of our family and friends who helped make this a special day.
After the dedication our pastor Ken Horton honored all of the fathers in the congregation. He started by asking all of the Great Grandfathers to stand up. Tears welled up in my eyes b/c my Great grandfather (my dads dad) was there and he stood up so confidently and strongly. He was one of maybe 5 or 6 in a group of a couple hundred. It was such a special feeling to have him and my Meme there. Maddox will look back on this special day and realize how loved he was by so many!



Before leaving for church!


In the foyer before the service with our parents. We realize more and more each day all you did for us and we are so grateful!


This was when we first handed Maddox to Ken and he immediately went in for the kill with Kens microphone headset. Way to make an entrance Son!

The scripture verse we chose for Maddox was Luke 18:16

But Jesus called the children to him and said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them from the kingdom of God belongs to them".

I think this was the part where Ken handed Maddox back to us and chuckled and said...
"Those girls are sweet and easy but these boys are 20 lbs. of squirm aren't they?"
Needless to say, the 2 precious Angels that were dedicated before Maddox were sweet calm little girls...opposite of our little monster Angel!

Those eyes make me so happy!

Oh Yeah...

Happy Fathers Day Greg!

I have loved watching you father our Son!
You amaze me every day.

You and Maddox are my two favorite boys!

Your my life and I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment