Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

The past few months have been a whirlwind of blessings and excitement for the Nurse family. I have not posted anything since early November and I promise this will be my longest hiatus. Thanksgiving was in Ft. Worth this year with the Jewell family. It was an interesting holiday this year. My dad went in for emergency back surgery on Thanksgiving eve so rather than moving forward with everyone is gonna bring a dish or two to Mom and Dads house for Thanksgiving dinner my sister Natalie and I (mostly Natalie) made everything ourselves and we moved the dinner to our house. It turned out great, everyone enjoyed it and we even took Dad a plate up to the hospital as he was recovering. The one thing we were most grateful for is that Dad made a full recovery and is no longer in pain. Greg and I spent some time really talking about all we had to be Thankful for as we wound down on Thanksgiving evening. It was a precious time with my husband that I have thought of so often in the past few months. We are blessed and truly grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment