Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Month Check Up

Born at 6lbs.7ounces...down to 5lbs.11ounces @ his 4 day Pediatrician visit...and guess who weighed in at 9lbs.9ounces today at his one month check up! We are so excited and unsurprised by the large weight gain given the amount that he eats everyday. My little monster has also managed to grow 2 whole inches in a month...he's up to 21 1/2 inches. He was in the 50th percentile on both weight and height...I however don't give the whole %tile thing a ton of thought because what matters is that we have a healthy little Man who is growing and who is happy & loved! Yeah its great to know where he stands from a health perspective but I'm not going to start critiquing him on how he stacks up compared to others his age at one month old...in fact I'm never gonna do that but there will be plenty of people who will do that later on in life...why start now! Bottom Line...we got a great report today. He had to get a shot and that was the hardest part for me...even though I giggled a little and then got a tear in my eye. He made the most pathetic face Ive ever seen and looked at me while I was holding him down for the nurse like "how could you possibly be doing this to me". Talk about rip your heart out! He only squealed for a minute and then he was fine. Greg said its because he had a talk with him before the appointment and told him to be a tough guy and take it like a real Nurse Man. Life is good & we are blessed!


Last night was bath night and I could not pass up this picture...Mommy's little monster so snuggled.

Here I am Mom & Dad, I'm ready for my big weigh in at the Dr. today!

Of course We both had to take our picture with the little guy on his big day at the Dr.

Daddy & his little guy! Have I mentioned lately that I am so grateful to have a husband who is so involved...I love these two Men so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment